How do you get your day started?
Average answer: Coffee!
You can do better than that!
Turbocharge your day with a superfood-rich latte, with tea or coffee) and you will feel the effects of all that nutrition throughout the day. It’s a well known fact that how you begin your day determines how you will feel for the rest of it, so a little effort will go a long way.
What is a superfood latte?
Basically your good ol’ latte infused with nutrient-dense foods like matcha, turmeric, and mushrooms.
Mushrooms you say?? YES!! Trendy lattes are all about the mushrooms these days. You may see words like Chaga or Cordyceps at your local café, which stand for different types of mushrooms that are being added to the great list of superfoods. Mushroom lattes are loaded with antioxidants, vitamins and minerals.
Matcha is a form of green tea that has been ground into a fine powder. It is a powerhouse of antioxidants. Can you say glowing skin!!
Turmeric is soul food. It is a yellow coloured powder that comes from the turmeric plant with origin roots from India and Indonesia. It is an ancient remedy for chronic pain, and inflammation.
Cacao… as in chocolate? You bet! Unlike it’s super-processed brother, coco, cacao is chocolate in it’s purest form. It has a much stronger taste as it is unsweetened. It is rich in iron, anti-oxidants, and possess cancer-fighting properties.
With the right ingredients any of these delicious options can be made from the comfort of your kitchen. Check out Joyous Health’s delicious Rise and Shine Turmeric Latte:
- Brew 1 tsp Rise and Shine loose leaf tea
- 1/2 cup hot water
- Desired amount of nut milk (1/2-1 cup)
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- Boil water and brew tea in a tea pot or mug. 1 tsp of tea per person.
- Steam milk or warm up milk in a small pot on low temperature on the stove until hot but not boiling. Be careful it doesn’t burn.
- If you’re following the method of warming the milk on the stove and you want froth simply place warmed milk in a high power blender and blend, or froth with an immersion blender.
- Pour warmed milk into mug of brewed tea and add honey, and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
Mushroom Latte image: https://www.goodfood.com