Yay, March Break! Yay, spring is almost here! Time to get active!!
You have the whole week planned to a T, am I right?
Maybe you aren’t so organized and that’s okay. The most important thing is to make sure your kids get the most out of this precious week off. If that means hanging out at home the whole time, that’s great just be sure to plan some activities other than video games. While we love the idea of letting them keep up what they are passionate about, make sure that staying active is always a priority.
If you have the opportunity to be home with them and have no plans up your sleeve, here are some quick ideas to get you through:
Remember they aren’t forced outside for recess while they are home, so that extra time in the great outdoors needs to be made up for. This lack of time outside has a great impact on their well-being and development.
- Go for a walk. Find a forest and make it a treasure hunt! Make a day of it and head downtown to High Park
- Visit a local Maple Syrup Festival. Kortright Centre for Conservation has a great one
- Go skating (weather permitting)
- Snow Tubbing. With the warming weather you may have to head north for this one but it will be well worth the drive. Check out Horseshoe Valley.
- Snowshoeing with the older kids is a great workout!
- Solve a mystery at Black Creek Pioneer Village
It’s not always possible to venture out, so here are some active ideas for a rainy day.
- Visit a museum. The AGO, ROM, Aga Khan, and many others have great activities scheduled throughout the week
- Camps. There are lots of great camp ideas out there that encourage movement. Karate camp is our favourite 😉
- Casa Loma– always a hit!
- Allan Gardens Conservatory– Check out the beautiful spring flower displays
- Indoor Playground. These may be really busy and crowded but always great to get those little muscles going in a pinch
- Swimming- Lots of indoor pools!
At Home Ideas
Want to be home bodies? That’s totally cool, there’s lots to do within the comfort of your own home.
- Have a dance party
- Build a fort
- Clean!! Oh yeah, the kids will love getting involved… okay, maybe the really small kids, it’s worth a shot, right?!
- Bust out some home workout videos and get down on the mats together
Tag us in your #EnergyMarchBreak fun!!
Image from: https://kortright.org/event/sugarbush-maple-syrup-festival/